Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cows Raman Walk

Day 4June 3rd, Saturday

This morning I woke up very early. Hiroko was so tired and she needed to sleep. I took Toshi on a walk to practice walking to the train station. When we got back, we played blocks and spent some good daddy-son time together. After Hiro-chan woke up, we had our typical breakfast. I am not sure I will like fast food when I get home.

We had an easy morning. I went on a walk with Naoko and Toshi to go see some cows. For some reason the cows bothered Toshi. He would not look at the cows and looked really sad. When we left he waved goodbye at the cows behind his back.

Hiro-chanユs sister Fukuko took us to Ichimi Raman in Kitano city for lunch. It was really good. We get to tell them how spicy we like it and how hard we want the noodles. The store was in a little neighborhood.
Fukuko dropped me off at the train station so I could go to Kurume to go to the internet cafe. She, Hiroko, and Toshi went to go shopping at a used book store in another city.

An older man stopped me and wanted to practice English while I was eating bread from a shop at Kurume station. I think he was either very lonely or a little mentally ill. Maybe both.
I forgot where the cafe was, so I walked around the station. Eventually I found it. I was able to update my blog and shoot off some e-mails. I took the train back to Hirokoユs town. I walked the 20 minutes to her home and we all had dinner. It was stir fry noodles and squid.

Naoko tried to feed me a whole squid...but I was full. We went on a walk as a family--Hiro-chan, Toyotoshi, Naoko, and me. Toshi was asleep and we left him with grandma. Hirokoユs parents REALLY had a good time.

They leave at exactly 8:30 every night for their walk. They really missed walking with Hiroko. They do two huge laps around their neighborhood--it takes about an hour. Hiroko and I only did a little more then a lap before we went home. We didnユt want to overdo it.
Life is good.

No comments: